The 49ers are set to face the Dallas Cowboys in the Divisional Round
Morning report: The 49ers gear up to take on the Cowboys. With the San Francisco 49ers Super Wild Card Weekend victory over the Seattle Seahawks on Saturday, the 49ers advanced to the NFC Divisional Round.
On Monday night, San Francisco’s next opponent was decided, as the Dallas Cowboys defeated the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31-14 and also advanced to the Divisional Game. Because San Francisco is the #2 seed in the NFC, the 49ers will play at home in Levi’s® Stadium against the Cowboys to see which team advances to the NFC Championship Game.
Stats and facts from the 49ers wild card win over the Seattle Seahawks
- The San Francisco 49ers improved to 23-9 at home in postseason play.
- San Francisco improved to 1-1 against the Seattle Seahawks in the postseason.
- The 49ers improved to 5-2 in the postseason under head coach Kyle Shanahan.
- The 49ers have now reached the preliminary round of the playoffs for the third time in four seasons.
- San Francisco improved to 6-2 all-time in the Wild Card round, including a 4-0 mark at home.
Armstead, Kinlaw Ranking the best games of 2022, sharing fashion tips and more
Each week, I sit down with different 49ers players and alumni for the team’s only player-focused podcast, discussing the upcoming game week and leading players through fan-submitted questions about football, life, and everything in between. Defensive linemen Eric Armstead and Javon Kinlaw joined the 49ers’ “You’ve Got Mail” podcast by Manscaped to share more about their 2022 seasons with San Francisco and discuss their interests off the field.
49ers sign DB Parker to a retention/future contract
The San Francisco 49ers announced that they have signed DB AJ Parker to a Reserve/Future contract.
Parker (5-11, 178) originally signed with the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent on May 14, 2021. In two seasons with the Lions (2021-22), he appeared in 16 games (seven starts) and recorded 61 tackles. Seven passes defended, one interception and a forced fumble.